Service centres

Contact us by phone

You can call us for free if you’re in New Zealand. We're open from 8:00am - 5:30pm, Monday to Friday. We’re not open on public holidays.

Unit Titles
0800 864 884

Overseas +64 4 237 1588

If you speak a different language

You can use the free EziSpeak(external link) service. Interpreters are available for 43 different languages.

  1. Call us after 9.00am.
  2. Ask for Language Line.
  3. Tell us what language you speak. 
  4. An interpreter will join you in a couple of minutes.

If you are Deaf or hearing impaired

We can use the Video Relay Service to provide information after 9:00am. Visit the NZ Relay website to see how it works.(external link)

Contact us by post or fax

Unit title applications

Ministry of Business, Innovation & Employment
PO Box 76469
Manukau 2241

Tenancy Tribunal applications

PO Box 76469
Manukau 2241

Our locations

City locations:

For help with forms or specific Unit Title questions, please call our Service Centre on 0800 864 884 (0800 UNIT TITLE) in the first instance.

The locations below are open from 8.30am to 4.30pm weekdays (excluding public holidays).

To make sure someone is available to help you, please make an appointment by calling 0800 864 884 (0800 UNIT TITLE).


Level 8
280 Queen Street


Level 2
161 Cashel Street


Level 3
Westpac House
430 Victoria Street


Level 1
205 Victoria Street


Level 4, MIT Building
25 Davies Avenue
(Cnr Davies Ave and Manukau Station Road)

Regional locations

If you would like to visit us at our regional locations, you must make an appointment. You can do this by calling 0800 864 884 (0800 UNIT TITLE)

Northern Region


Central Region

New Plymouth

Southern Region


Email us

If you have a question or need to get hold of us outside of opening hours, email us using the Unit titles enquiry form.

Official Information Act requests

The Official Information Act (OIA) provides access to information held by Government agencies.

You do not need to submit an OIA request for information that is publically available or to request general information and advice. For general information and advice requests you may use the Unit titles enquiry form.

If you want to obtain official information held by MBIE and subject to the Official Information Act, you can fill out the MBIE Official Information Act request form.

Rating form

Did you find this information helpful?